Projects, events and news from the University of Cambridge Museums
SHARE received a total of 87 nominations from 46 different museums – a wonderful response. Read a full list of nominations online.
These Awards are an ideal chance to highlight how important volunteers are to museums, showcase the range of roles volunteers undertake, and show the diversity of the people who offer their time as volunteers. In addition, through these awards, SHARE will highlight best practice in both volunteering and volunteer management.
The judges are sitting in the middle of May and the winners will be announced at a celebration and awards evening with drinks and canapes on 4 June at the Athenaeum in Bury St Edmunds. We wish the best of luck to our nominated University of Cambridge Museums volunteers and thank them and all our volunteers for their continued support!
Invitations to this event will shortly go out to all nominees and those who have nominated them.
The judges are:
· Brian Horner, former Chief Executive Voluntary Norfolk
· Tim Williams, Development Director, Archant Newspapers, publishers of the Eastern Daily Press
· Sarah Lloyd, Dr Sarah Lloyd, School of Humanities, University of Hertfordshire
· Mike Dickens, Senior Manager, John Lewis Cambridge
· Bridget Yates, Museum Consultant with a research interest in museum volunteering
More information on the SHARE Volunteer Awards for Museums in the East is available online.